February


Community Service Hours: 2 

This past month has flown by! Our second module this semester was very interesting. I can't say that I had a favorite topic because they were all so intriguing. I think I learned the most from the anesthetics lectures. However, anti-epileptics was a close 2nd. Of the classes, endocrine pharmacology is still the class that I look forward to the most. The discussion posts are growing on me to be honest. My classmates always have extremely insightful opinions and stories. The presentations are always very informative and connected to current and relatable issues. My favorite presentation so far was last week's on stress and reproduction. They covered the disparity seen in mortality rates of black women during child birth. I have always known that black women are more likely to die during labor however, seeing the facts and figures made racism in the healthcare system much more evident. This is a big factor in my decision to go into medicine. We are now on the Psych module and this is hands down my favorite so far. 

     Overall, I am enjoying the classes and learning the information although it is a lot at times. The only thing that is worrying me is the Medical Pharmacology final coming up in April. I have started reviewing material, so hopefully I'll be prepared. Mardi gras break and the freeze allowed me to get started studying early. As far as community service goes, I have only done 2 hours so far preparing meals for the homeless. For the next two Saturdays, I am scheduled to help out at the Greater Baton Rouge food bank, which I grew up volunteering at throughout middle and high school so I'm excited to be headed back. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Reflection of September 2020

March 2021