January 2021

                                                                                                                              Current Volunteer Hours: 0 

 Thankfully, the month of January has been smooth sailing! Winter break gave me time to relax and regroup which was much needed. The first module that we covered was the Endocrine/Reproductive system which I found very interesting. My favorite part of this module was covering diabetes because its such a widespread condition. I have many family members who are diabetic, so I found it very informative. I had a bit of a hard time in the beginning with the non-hypoglycemic drugs but the Diabetes TBL was helpful. I also really enjoyed the estrogens and progestins lectures. To start this semester I decided to switch up my study techniques a bit and based on the 1st test it seems to be working well. Also, there are a couple new courses that we're taking this semester like Environmental Signaling, Neuropharmacology and Endocrine Pharmacology. Of these, my favorite so far is Endocrine Pharmacology because it covers stress and how it affects different systems. Although I absolutely hate doing discussion boards,  I enjoy hearing my classmates viewpoints on the topics. We've also had some very informative seminars this month. I enjoyed the presentation on preeclampsia the most. 
    So far I have not done any community service yet, but I am looking forward to working with United Way Hands On packing meals to be delivered for seniors in the upcoming month. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Reflection of September 2020

March 2021

February