A Reflection of September 2020

As September ends, I am finally becoming more accustomed to the Master's program. Of the material that has been covered, I am enjoying Medical Pharmacology the most. The lectures covering Antibiotics, Antivirals, and Anti-fungals have been the most interesting to me because many of the medications that we covered were things that I have taken myself. Learning their mechanisms and interactions has greatly changed my perception of pharmacology. After the 1st test I have learned that I need to take more time to understand corticosteroids and eicosanoids. I was not very happy with my performance on the 1st test, however by preparing early and staying on top of the material I was able to do much better on the second test. Instead of waiting until the week before the test to start answering the learning objectives, I go through them the evening of each lecture. This allows me more time to review and do practice questions. One part of the program that I have surprisingly enjoyed has been the student Advances presentations. I have become much more comfortable putting together and giving presentations in front of the class in a short period of time. Outside of the classroom I am excited to start volunteering with the Grace at the Greenlight next month. Come back and see how it goes on my next post!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March 2021

February